Walking and running are considered cost-effective and efficient ways to help you maintain and even improve your current state of health.
Studies show that doing a certain action for at least 30 Days can help form a habit. Thus, the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge can help you create a beneficial habit that you can capitalize on in the long run.
There are numerous reasons why you should consider taking part in this exercise regimen:
The main aim of this fitness challenge is to help you develop better habits that you can readily incorporate in your lifestyle. After all, real change can help yield real success. Therefore, you can come one step closer to overall satisfaction.
In the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge, when you run and walk regularly, you are learning how to incorporate some time to improve your fitness levels. This can also serve as a good start if you want to add more of these healthy habits in your daily routine.
If you are a fitness enthusiast, this can serve as a test for you to measure the distance and the speed that you can run in a day. You can even add some resistance exercises during the period to help you tone your muscle groups even more.
Studies show that the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge can bring you numerous health benefits if you stick to the habit even after the one month period.
- Basically, this is free. You really do not have to buy or pay for anything before you start off with the program. All you need for this fitness challenge are a good pair of running shoes and some comfortable exercise clothes. After this, you are good to go.
- You can do your walks and runs anywhere. This is especially beneficial if you are usually traveling to different places.
- You will feel that distinct sensation of being energized, toned, and strengthened. Furthermore, you will enjoy additional bursts of energy that you can use for the rest of the day ahead.
- Your walking and running time can give you a good opportunity to clear your mind and prevent depression and anxiety. Moreover, walking and running can help elevate your mood because of a boost of endorphins every time you exercise.
Use a Treadmill, Gym Track or Outdoors
Preparing for the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge
Before you start off with the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge itself, you should make the necessary physical and mental preparations to avoid harming your body.
- Before you start off with the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge, you have to determine your base pace. You should determine how long it takes for you to cover a predetermined distance. Jot this finding down. This will serve as your baseline measurement to see how much you are improving over time.
- Getting your maximum heart rate before the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge can also tell you if you are working out within the prescribed level of intensity for your age and your current state of health. Working out way below the recommended intensity will not bring you significant health benefits. On the other hand, working out way too much can stress out your body excessively, thus doing more harm than good.
For each day that you are on the program, you have to perform a cycle of exercises with some rest days in between.
Step into the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge
For starters, you should know that this type of exercise falls under the cardiovascular exercises or aerobic exercises. The 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge requires you to work out once a day. Usually, the minimum time for workout is 5 minutes and the maximum is 30 minutes. If you cannot even walk and run to the minimum, you may perform the exercises as tolerated.
The 15-minute walk is considered low-intensity rest days in between the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge are also important. These can help your body recover from the stress induced by exercise. You have to evenly distribute the rest days. As much as possible, there should be no more than two consecutive days’ worth of rest during the one month period to prevent losing your health-acquired benefits.
Documentation beats Conversation
Monitoring your 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge progress is important because this can help you improve your current motivation levels.
You may write down the total distance that you have covered every day. Additionally, you should jot down the pace that you used to cover that certain distance. If you have a smartphone, you can use those handy applications that can help you get those measurements more conveniently (i.e. no need for manual calculations). There are even some 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge applications that you can readily use as soon as you get started.
You may assess how far you have come at least once a week. This can help you stay motivated for the entire duration of the fitness program. If you have noted some improvements, you may begin with exercise progression.
Just like other forms of exercises, you should keep the necessary considerations in mind to ensure that you make the most out of every exercise day.
- Doing your exercises in the morning is more beneficial because you do not have to think about the prospect of working out for the rest of the day.
- You should also consider the place where you plan to perform your runs and walks. Preferably, you should run and walk to a location that is easily accessible from your home.
- You may look for something that can help stimulate your interest and motivate you to workout. For instance, listening to radio programs or music playlists can help distract you from the actual task so you can put up with it longer.
Before you start off with your 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge, you should consult your physician first. This is especially important if your body mass index and total body weight
P.S. Did you enjoy the 30 Day Walking to Running Challenge? Make sure to LIKE, COMMENT and SHARE this post.