Recipe Details & Cooking Instructions
Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe with Balsamic Maple Mushrooms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or yams orange flesh
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cooking spray as needed
- Balsamic Maple Mushrooms
- 1 lb cremini and/or white button mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Microwave sweet potatoes until soft; let cool. Peel and mash potatoes, using an electric mixer.
- Add milk, egg, and vegetable oil to potatoes; mix. Sift together dry ingredients and add to potato mixture. Mix on low until just blended. Heat non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat; coat skillet with cooking spray. Use ¼ cup of batter per pancake, ladling into hot skillet.
- Wait until pancake bubbles and looks slightly dry on top before flipping over. While pancakes are cooking, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in another skillet (do not use non-stick) over medium flame.
- Add quartered mushrooms and toss to coat with oil. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until juices run.
- Add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar to pan.
- Let simmer until sauce reduces and thickens. To serve, stack 2-3 pancakes, alternating with balsamic maple mushrooms.