Recipe Details & Cooking Instructions
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
This festive twist on the Mexican Lasagna Recipe and a quick weeknight meal—will make your family cheer "olé!"Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 6- inch corn tortillas
- 2 C canned low-sodium black beans rinsed
- 4 C Super Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce see recipe on page 54 (Leftover Friendly)
- 1½ C Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 bag 10 oz baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 C grilled chicken diced (Leftover Friendly)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute
- 1 tsp dried coriander)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Lightly spray a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place two to three corn tortillas on the bottom, trimming as necessary for a good fit.
- Add beans, 1 cup tomato sauce, and ½ cup grated cheese. Top with two to three more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, spinach, and ½ cup cheese. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, ½ cup cheese, and cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned and chicken is reheated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into eight even squares, and serve.
If you can’t find beans labeled “low sodium,” compare the Nutrition Facts panels to find the beans with the lowest amount of sodium. Rinsing can help reduce sodium levels further. Children can help layer the “lasagna” ingredients.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 275mg | Fiber: 6g