Delicious and Nutritious… give this Honey Bear Protein Shake Recipe a go and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Honey Bear Protein Shake
- 1 Scoop Unflavored Whey Protein Powder
- 10 oz Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 5 Ice Cubes
- Add everything in a blender. Turn it on and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Honey bee Facts
Did you know that…
- Bees have 5 eyes
- Bees are insects, so they have 6 legs
- Male bees in the hive are called drones
- Bees fly about 20 mph
- Female bees in the hive (except the queen) are called worker bees
- Number of eggs laid by queen: 2,000 per day is the high
- Losing its stinger will cause a bee to die
- Bees have been here for about 30 million years!
- Bees carry pollen on their hind legs in a pollen basket or corbicula
- An average beehive can hold around 50,000 bees
- Foragers must collect nectar from about 2 million flowers to make 1 pound of honey
- The average forager makes about 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime
- Average per capita honey consumption in the US is 1.3 pounds
- Bees have 2 pairs of wings
The principal form of communication among honey bees is through chemicals called pheromones. Bees are important because they pollinate approximately 130 agricultural crops in the US including fruit, fiber, nut, and vegetable crops.
Bee pollination adds approximately 14 billion dollars annually to improved crop yield and quality.
More Fun Bee and Honey Facts
- A honey bee can fly up to 15 miles per hour.
- A honey bee worker only makes an average of 1/12 of a teaspoon in her lifetime.
- One ounce of honey would fuel a bee’s flight around the world.
- A pound honey is made by 2 million flower visits. The bees fly 55,000 miles back and forth to bring that honey.
- A honey bee visits 50-100 flowers in one trip.
- Honeycomb is a hexagon (six-sided) shaped. The wall of the comb is 2/1000 inch thick but can support 25 times their own weight.
- Honey bees beat their wings 11,400 times per minute. This is the beating of wings that makes the buzzing noise.
- Honey bees never sleep.
- An average hive has 50,000 to 60,000 worker bees.
- The honey bee is the only insect that produces food for humans.
- Honey keeps very well. A pot of honey was found in good condition in King Tut’s tomb.
- Honey is full of a variety of vitamins and essential minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids.
- Eating honey is a natural way to get an energy boost. It is a mixture of simple sugars glucose and fructose. Studies have shown that this works best in preventing fatigue and enhancing an athlete’s performance.
- Honey is an antimicrobial agent and can be used effectively on minor burns or scrapes. It has been shown to speed the healing of wounds.
Is honeybee one word or two?
Many people notice that dictionaries list “honeybee” as one word. However, entomologists use the two-word naming convention “honey bee.” Both are correct!