Recipe Details & Cooking Instructions
Edamame Stew Recipe
This Spicy Edamame Stew recipe can be frozen for later use. Serve over brown rice for a complete meal. Frozen Edamame is available in most grocery stores.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 bag 16 oz frozen shelled Edamame (green soybeans)*
- 1 can 35 oz no-salt-added Italian whole peeled tomatoes with basil, diced into small chunks
- 2 C zucchini rinsed, quartered, and sliced
- 1 C yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground allspice or substitute cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced or pressed (about 5 cloves)
- 1 C frozen yellow corn
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or 1 large lemon, freshly juiced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Place frozen edamame in a deep saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- While soybeans cook, chop tomatoes, zucchini, and onion.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, cayenne pepper, and allspice (or cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice). Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the drained edamame, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, and salt.
- Cover. Simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and oregano.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve over brown rice for a complete meal. * Frozen Edamame is available in most grocery stores.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 303mg | Fiber: 14g