Recipe Details & Cooking Instructions
Corn and Black Bean Burrito Recipe
- ¼ C scallions green onions, rinsed and sliced into ¼-inch wide circles, including green tops
- ¼ C celery rinsed and finely diced
- 1¼ C frozen yellow corn
- ½ ripe avocado peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped (or substitute 2 tsp dried coriander) 1 can (15½ oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ C reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ C salsa or taco sauce look for lowest sodium version
- 12 9-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine scallions, celery, and corn in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to cover.
- Cover, bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, until vegetables soften. Drain vegetables. Set aside to cool.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, and beans in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese and salsa, and mix.
- When corn mixture has cooled slightly, add to avocado mixture.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm each tortilla for about 15 seconds on each side.
- Place each tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to make a closed packet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- When all tortillas are wrapped, continue heating in the oven 5 minutes, until all are warm and cheese is melted.