Braised Cod with Leeks Recipe
Braised Cod Recipe with Leeks
This braised cod recipe with leeks is a simple, but elegant, weeknight meal.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 C leeks split lengthwise, sliced thin, and rinsed well
- 3 medium carrots rinsed, peeled, and cut into thin sticks
- 4 new red potatoes, rinsed and sliced into ½-inch thick circles
- 2 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 12 oz cod fillets cut into 4 portions
- 3 oz each
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan. Add leeks and carrots, and cook gently for 3–5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, and salt and pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are just tender, about 10–12 minutes.
- Add cod fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Continue cooking over low heat for an additional 5 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Serve each cod fillet with 1½ cups broth and vegetables.
Delicious with Asparagus With Lemon Sauce.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 437mg | Fiber: 3g